I do not wear dresses. I wear pants. Mostly black pants and a plain top. No patterns. Every now and again I'll be adventurous and wear brown pants. With a plain top. No patterns.
This Spring I decided to venture out and made a few "girl" purchases. Wore a wrap dress on Friday and another dress-thingy today.
I thought everything was going well, until this: I'm waiting for my morning coffee when a woman in a pants suit looked over at me and GAVE ME THE ONCE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even kidding. I watched her do it the entire up and down and back up again, then stared her in the eye with a furrowed brow, then turned my head as my look changed to the wide-eye look of sheer surprise. WHY DID I GET THAT?
I am fairly used to getting hit on by chicks, as I do have abnormally high levels of testosterone. But this wasn't a pick-up. Something was clearly wrong with my outfit, here's what I looked like...including my commuting flip flops. Ideas (I take criticism very, very well, by the way)?
I asked my NEW assistant take the photo - YAY! I finally have an assistant after Corinne left me a month ago (traitor). I wonder if she'll come back for a second day after realizing I'm a kook.And I apparently live in a kooky neighborhood. As a refresh, I live in The Jerz...Maplewood, Jerz. Here's something I thought was odd - what could be under this tarp? If it were April, I'd guess it was some sort of Christmas ornament still not put away, but I'm a bit perplexed by the shape of this...bodies, perhaps?

So thanks for letting me rant before Friday. I may try to insert a little celeb ranting this Friday...we have a BLIRTy reader who has a newly VERY FAMOUS RELATIVE that is in the news this week that I have to tell you about, and I may need to moan and groan about Living Lohan. Or that may need a special BLIRT because it's just that much of a train wreck. NJ versus LI, my friends...bring it!
So have a great day!
I'm off...
I don't know what you normally look like at work, but you look cute in your picture. I see nothing wrong with your outfit. I have a similar complaint though, every time I put on a dress and go to work people make a huge deal about it. They are like "do you have a date? a job interview? why are you so dressed up?" SO ANNOYING. I think I must look like a slob every other day or something.
ReplyDelete