Wednesday, May 28, 2008

THE BLIRT 5/30 & Cancer Sucks

I have to start out on a downer note today, but it's only because I love my BLIRTy readers (I'll try to not be too preachy). But if you smoke cigs, I have to beg you to please stop!! I saw lung cancer in action a couple of years ago and now I'm seeing what throat cancer can do to a person - everything about it is just sad.


Barbara Wawa just did a special on living into our hundreds and MAN, I got so suckered into believing that science is going to keep Patti Lange kicking forever! Now I just hope there will be better tests and cures for this stuff in my lifetime.


I now have an appointment with a dermatologist next week...I got my first mamogram a couple of months ago (that was a treat...I'll spare you details)...just had an X-Ray on my ankle...may need an MRI on my knee...should get my liver checked out?

What else can I get checked??!! (my head, perhaps?) PANIC CITY! I think I need to take a leave of absence and spend my summer touring doctor's offices!


This also puts a serious damper on my new desire to get a tattoo. I have NEVER in my life wanted one before, but a couple of weeks ago I decided that I DESPERATELY NEED to get a lizard on the back of my neck (something like the pic below)! I know it's not normal, but I love lizards and frogs! But will I get Hep C or HIV? Ohhhh...













On a lighter note and going waaayyy back to last Friday, a BLIRTy reader in NYC totally one-upped me on the Flinstone's reference (the bum in the subway screaming, "BAARRNNNEEEYY!" Well, she has a much better memory than me because I never picked up on this one:


"yeah, but he yelled “WIILLLLMMMAAAAA” when he was locked out, didn’t he??"


Brilliant.

Also brilliant is the Friday Song of the Day...YAY! I have to say I'm a little surprised that our Rocker-Chick BLIRTy Music Correspondent Who Declined to Send a Country Song a While Back(wow...new long title) picked this one, but I like it...

"Remember this chick? She was the lead singer of that 80s band Til Tuesday (they did that song Voices Carry). Anyway, this is her new solo song – I think it’s really good! You just open the site and the song should automatically play."

Aimee Mann : “Freeway”
http://aimeemann.com/

She looks so young in the photo...I guess the 80's didn't take a toll on her like so many others!

So have a BEAUTIFUL day and an awesome weekend!

I'm off...

No comments:

Post a Comment