Thursday, May 8, 2008

THE BLIRT 5/9

My inner voice has been DYING this week without having the daily DIRT outlet! OMG! My innards have been screaming...okay, that was just gross.


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to still send the Friday Song of the Day that many of you have already said was going to be missed. And, of course, how can I not update you on my Kite Surfing lessons last week in Miami?



(If this is already annoying, please "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email, because I do plan to send out every Friday.)



Anyhoo, there is no way to describe kite surfing other than, "DUDE!"



Here's a photo of someone kite surfing who actually knows what they're doing.







Now, here's a photo of me getting ready for my first lesson. For some reason, I keep choosing sports that require a harness of some sort. hhhmmm. So here's a very white Patti Lange before the melanin kicked in and before starting the first lesson. I'm not even kidding when I tell you that I asked the hubby, "please take a photo of me with pig tails and a harness for my DIRTy readers!"







Next is a shot of the adorable and cutie hubby and the SMOKIN' HOT instructor named "Jaz." How awesome is that name? How awesome are his abs? (sorry, Mr. Lange, but I know you saw his back muscles and were impressed, too.)







Finally, the last pic was taken to see if Jaz and I looked like a cute couple...here he is screaming at me about how to work the practice kite. I think it won't work out with us...







Okay, enough of the horrible photos of myself. Seriously, though, Kite Surfing was spectacular. We spent the first lesson attempting to learn the kite and didn't even try to get on the board until Day 2. We did ride the board for a few split seconds, but we need more time on the kite. It's all about the kite. Why did I fish when I was a kid instead of flying a kite?


I BLAME MY MOTHER!



Now to get to the point of the Friday Song of the Day email, here's your Friday Song of the Day from my BLIRTy Music Correspondent!

"I personally can’t stand this song, but it really sticks when ya hear it and some people really like it! See it’s not always about me! I got in late and I don’t have much time to find something better – so let’s just go with this!"

::: The Flobots - Handlebars :::

Click here to watch to the Music Video:

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/player/video/0,,4679660,00.html

Have an awesome weekened!

I'm off...

No comments:

Post a Comment