Friday, May 23, 2008

THE BLIRT 5/23

ARE YOU KIDDING ME THAT IT'S THE END OF MAY ALREADY?

Okay...just a little panic attack there, especially after a week of rain. Darn that global warming, messing up my Spring. My lawn best be looking major awesome this year!

So there's a homeless man that plays some sort of flute in Penn Station and his usual songs are the Casper the Friendly Ghost song, or God Bless America, or the theme from the Andy Griffith Show. Not a personal account, but a fellow commuter said that yesterday he was playing the Flinstones song and stopped at one point and yelled, "BAAAARRRNNEEEEEYYY!" Apparently that brightened everyone's rainy morning and I'm very sad I missed it.

But what DID brighten my week was....drum roll, please....

DA-VID COOK! DA-VID COOK! DA-VID COOK!

In honor of the best man winning American Idol this week, here's a special treat from our BLIRTy Music Girl:

"For the Friday song, let’s honor Idol winner David Cook (yea!) and show his finest moment – which he should’ve done on the finale and didn’t – but fortunately won anyway!"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QpX-kndqHnE

Now, in honor of "Archie" NOT winning (thank goodness...and apologies to the Archuletta fans, but that little munchkin bugs the crap out of me...go ahead, give me crap), a BLIRTy reader sent this in and I thought it would help block out the memory of Archie trying to sing him a few weeks ago...

"I am nominating my choice for next week’s song of the week—Chris Brown’s “Forever”—not only because I love everything Chris Brown does unconditionally but also because it’s summer and we could all use a good cheesy song. I am not too cool for school. This song is not going to win any awards for artistry, but it is some serious fun."

http://myplay.com/video-player/chris-brown?bcpid=10701861&bclid=10255475&bctid=1534505954

Have an awesome Memorial Day Weekend and be happy and healthy!

I'm off...

No comments:

Post a Comment