How many people are actually working today? Well, I'M NOT!
It's my first Summer Friday, my friends. I have to brag that New York is the best city to work in during summertime. Where else do you get to pick Fridays to have off just for the heck of it? Okay, maybe LA, but that doesn't even make sense!
What DOES make sense is the BLIRTy reader who thought my neighbor in The 'Wood may have had a fig tree in the yard under the tarp...here's her supposedly true account, and I cracked up at her cracking up, so I have to print her entire response:
"You just made me laugh so HARD with your Fig tree comment! thanks for the MUCH needed laugh!!!
P.S. I will give you some "inside information" regarding my vast Fig tree knowledge.....
When I was working at [deleted company name] (for seven years 2000-2007) there were these little-ish trees outside the side back entrance and I would notice that they would cover them up with huge blue plastic tarps for like a month and I was all confused about it...so I did some investigative work and was told they were FIG trees....end of story, all matter of fact --no big deal like--- and then one morning I was on my way in and they were uncovered and LO AND BEHOLD there were figs growing on those trees, I even picked one and put it on a coworkers desk as a joke and proof that these mysterious blue tarp covered trees were indeed FIG trees!
By the way, this is incredible knowledge for all of our BLIRTy readers. Once again, I provide an invaluable service and always aim to educate!
Here's an interesting Friday Song of the Day from our BLIRTy Music Correspondent, and she says:
"Yes, you read right – the band’s name is Black Kids."
Black Kids : I’m Not Going to Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance
(believe it, or not, they're listed under "Indie / Crunk / Religious")
http://www.myspace.com/blackkidsrock
Enjoy the song, have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend!
I'm off...
No comments:
Post a Comment