OMG it's August and I'm in a panic that summer is OVERRRRRRRRRR! Overly dramatic? I think not.
Just for that, let's start out with a Song for the Day:
"Remember this band from the 90s, the Verve – they did Bittersweet Symphony, which was so great,This is pretty cool – the oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh in it will stick in your head!"
The Verve : “Love is Noise”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmRJo8RQ5sA
Where the heck were the "headlines" today? Missing. But I can tell you that Morgan Freeman was in a car accident and was initially listed in "serious condition" and now he's in "good spirits." I'd be in good spirits, too, if I had a nice morphine drip. But he hurt his arm, neck & shoulders when the car he was driving "flipped several times." SEVERAL TIMES?! Crazy...where's Batman when you need him?
Speaking of shoulder injuries, get this...a co-worker of mine was walking around the office this morning with her arm in a sling. Of course I asked what happended, and apparantly Six Flags happened!
I think when you hit your mid-30's it's time to stop going to theme parks. Try some other dangerous sport where you have some control over whether you live or die or are mamed.
Where the heck were the "headlines" today? Missing. But I can tell you that Morgan Freeman was in a car accident and was initially listed in "serious condition" and now he's in "good spirits." I'd be in good spirits, too, if I had a nice morphine drip. But he hurt his arm, neck & shoulders when the car he was driving "flipped several times." SEVERAL TIMES?! Crazy...where's Batman when you need him?
Speaking of shoulder injuries, get this...a co-worker of mine was walking around the office this morning with her arm in a sling. Of course I asked what happended, and apparantly Six Flags happened!
I think when you hit your mid-30's it's time to stop going to theme parks. Try some other dangerous sport where you have some control over whether you live or die or are mamed.
She was on Kingda Ka and had her arms up in the air and WHAM! Completely dislocated her shoulder and had to ride through the entire ride before being carted off to the hospital in an ambulance.
Here's the ride and info from the website - and a clip for your viewing pleasure. In the clip, there's a dude they show on the ride with his cheeks flapping. I'm thinking my co-worker should have known to keep her arms down and hold on for dear life.
http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/Rides/Kingdaka.aspx
The fierce Kingda Ka is simply the tallest, fastest roller coaster on Earth. This remarkable thrill ride breaks all world records for coaster speed and height, zooming from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and catapulting you 45 stories into the sky.
Get propelled horizontally at 128 mph via hydraulic launch
Hang on tight as you shoot 90 degrees into a quarter-turn
Blast 456 feet high, then plunge vertically into a 270-degree spiral
Experience weightlessness as you swoop down a valley and up a 129-foot camel hump
So...I've been thinking about my BLIRTy readers for a while now...every time I walk out of the subway in the morning, I'm faced with the most vile smell. Often it comes with a nasty bit of brown or tan sludge on the sidewalk. Obviously it's from the trash, but every morning I have to wonder what the heck is in the trash every day that does this, and why can't they DOUBLE THE BAG if it leaks like this?
Why do I think of you when I see this nastiness?
Because I always want to take a photo for Show & Tell! How awesome was show & tell in grade school? I could never think of anything good to bring, so maybe I'm making up for lost childhood years now. Some kids had really good stuff. I had a stupid hamster or something common. If I could go back and do it again, I would take in a real live sample of this for show & tell. Not even kidding that this, or parts of this, are on the street every morning. 50th & 6th Ave. Check it out because it's a treat in the morning.

Equally a treat are my pics from the triathlon. Not even kidding that they're the WORST photos I have ever taken in my life, and I've taken some horrible pics. Not only do I look like a freaky man coming out of the swim, but my finish line photo is wretched. I think it's because I thought I was doing a sign for the devil, but someone told me it actually means "I love you." So I could have played that up a bit for someone special instead of freaking out and taking a horrible photo. Those "professional" photogs just lost my $4.95, though! Dude...learn how to air brush!
I may have been dying, but did I need to make that face knowing there were cameras? I had enough sense to take off my swim cap for the photo, but didn't think about smiling?

Seriously...I really did think, "why am I doing a devil sign with my hands?"
Anyway, have a great Tuesday, and don't forget to pick up a copy of PEOPLE magazine with the pics of the 5th & 6th coming! Them babies are very cute...
I'm off...

No comments:
Post a Comment