HAVE I GOT A TREAT FOR YOU this Friday!!
Here's a fantastic mullet from a lady at the airport in Pittsburgh. Cropped nice and TIGHT!

But, NO! I'm not just being a mean and critical person - I'm laughing because it takes me back to my mullet days in high school! Not even kidding - here's a photo of me in class with my awful hair. I believe it was American History...why in the world was I standing in the front of the class? I have no idea. I'm in the crazy white sweat suit with the big AHS letters on the sweatshirt and "cheerleader" down the leg of the sweat pants that seem to be pulled up to my belly button. WHOA.
I'm sure no one is surprised by the cheerleader thing, but I need to point out my cheerleader friend to my left with the side ponytail. As a friend actually mentioned today - when is the side ponytail going to come back???

I thank Facebook for this photo...the cute dirty-blond guy next to me posted the photo and tagged me. Thank you for that, Chuck. You only posted because you think you were cute. We WILL face off over this at our 20 year reunion next year!
Is it more embarrassing to mention that the name of my high school is "Astronaut High School" in Titusville, Florida? Yep..."Space Coast" - go figure.
Did everyone watch the V.P. debate Thursday night? Going back to Facebook...it's actually hysterical to see everyone's comments during the debate. But the best one ever was a friend complaining about how all Republicans say NUC-U-LER instead of proper pronunciation of the word nuclear. Seriously. It's been one of my biggest pet peeves in my life and I would have been incredibly intoxicated if I had taken a drink every time Palin said nuc-u-ler.
But what real "news" did we miss this week?
- Jeremy J. is PSYCHED that Brit Brit is making a comeback. He thinks it's a huge comeback and he still loves her horrible new song. I told him to be careful with his emotions - she'll stomp on him with all sorts of crazy the first chance she gets. Right now her dad is asserting himself as a father and it seems to be working. There's a life lesson...there may be hope for fathers everywhere.
- Very sad about whatever is going on with Heather Locklear. I think she's someone that everyone actually likes!
- Shia LaBeouf is apparently accident-prone. I'm sure there are a few ladies out there who would be willing to volunteer to be his at-home nurse!
- Oh, so funny...do you get the daily headlines? Send me a note if you don't but want them...a headlines reader picked up on a major typo: "Scarlett Johansson was recently overheard telling a friend that her husband, Ryan Reynolds is a gook in the kitchen." His reply? "Apparently, he cooks a lot of Chinese. heyyyyyyyyooooo, I'll be here all week!" Awesome. I only take credit for typos in the BLIRT, which I'm sure there are many.
- Madonna's adopted son had a "mini-meltdown" as they left the Kabbalah Center in NYC...Sarah F. wondered how a 2-year old has a mini-meltdown because she thinks it's just considered being a kid. But she doesn't know what goes on in those Kabbalah Centers, does she??
- DUDE...Oprah's mom is suing a store for suing her over $156k she owes them - her case is that the store shouldn't have extended her that much credit. REALLY? She's Oprah's frickin' mother!!
- Is anyone following the O.J. trial in Vegas? The NY Post has a meter everyday on whether he'll be Juiced or not...yet again, I cannot wait.
- Ooh...lastly, you may not follow NYC news, but a cop shot a taser at a crazy naked guy on a balcony and the guy fell to his death. Well, the cop just killed himself because he was afraid of being charged. That's just a sad story on all ends.
- Also sad is a silly clip from USA Today this week - there's a new freeway in Utah that is the cause of over 17 deaths of raccoons. Poor things aren't getting any support from locals, though, because they "are not native to Utah adn take a heavy toll on eggs from birds' nests in the wetlands." Here comes PETA!
As a last treat for the day, here's your Friday Song of the Day from our BLIRTy Music Girl:
Snow Patrol : Take Back the City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjD8KuQip
So...have a spectacular Friday (or whatever day you finally get this) and go out and find something fun to do this weekend. I'll be heading out for a day of road biking somewhere and hope to not get lost in NJ and also hope to not have a flat tire...I have no clue how to change a tire on a road bike.
I'm off...
No comments:
Post a Comment