Friday, October 24, 2008

THE BLIRT 10/24

Before I get into what's going on this week, I have a few housekeeping things to take care of:

Facebook Status Quote of the Week
"Matt loves the trend of Hussein being everyone's middle name. I would be Matt Hussein Hussong."

Random Hatred for Renee
From a BLIRTy reader in NYC:
"Seeing your hatred for Renee Zelwegger reminded me of 2 things....

1. my grandma (who is turning 91 this weekend actually) always says that whenever Renee smiles it "looks like she's smelling a fart." Yes my grandmother says that. Now it's obvious as to where I get my tact

and...

2. We call my friend Jeannine "Renee" because she bears quite the resemblence to your favorite lady"

I will not share the photo without her authorization, but I personally think she looks more like the much cuter Jewel. And GO GRANDMA!

UNDIES
Nope...they didn't hold up through washings. I shelled out a ton of cash for one pair of undies - and was quite happy with them in the beginning, butttt they didn't work out and today is the LAST day I will be wearing them. Dang.

RAYS
Check out this demanding little note I received on Sunday from a BLIRTy friend in Tampa:
"I expect a shout out for the Rays in your next BLIRT...We are your home away from home..."

WOW! These few words seemed to be packed with begging, maybe a bit of anger, and perhaps LOVE? I'm trying to figure it out...I couldn't help myself and had to write back, "what are the Rays?" hahaha.

But...GO RAYS!

FRIDAY SONG OF THE DAY
What would we do without YouTube?

Oasis : The Shock of the Lightning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1wepRzyMU

FORGET HOUSEKEEPING...WHAT'S UP THIS WEEK?
Finally! Some drama! Thank goodness for the NY Post...they are not afraid to print anything, including:

LiLo went all nuts on the set of "Ugly Betty," wouldn't go on the set until everyone was there and ready to go and she trashed the dressing room. Now she'll only be on 4 episodes instead of six. I think the world is ready for a little stupid celebrity drama again, right?!

TomKat supposedly is on a buying spree for apartments...they now have 5 lofts in a NYC building in the East Village? MAN! Maybe Scientology is the way to go in life...they may be the only ones on a spending spree these days.

Naomi Campbell is denying she's preggers...Jamie Lynn is denying she's preggers...my nephew's girlfriend is denying she's preggers...(haha...I couldn't resists that personal redneck comment, but true story)

How great that we're all going to get a free can of Dr. Pepper, now that GN'R will be releasing their album this year! Talk about taking me back to the days of high school...I drank so much Dr. Pepper and listened to so much GN'R that my teeth hsould have fallen out and my ear drums should have burst. Oh...it takes me back...

Brooke Shields is apparently making her kids' Halloween costumes and says she's been busy gluing Dalmation spots on the costumes - is this big news?

And on a last personal note...my father somehow thinks that President Bush is the best president we've ever had. I blame this on the onset of dementia and since he's also pretty deaf, I am now quietly saying, "GO OBAMA" low enough so he can't really hear what I'm saying, but hoping that I'm secretely brainwashing him.

On that note, GO OBAMA! And have a great weekend!

I'm off...

No comments:

Post a Comment