Michael Franti and Speahead : Say Hey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoaTl7IcFs8
First of all, I am (surprisingly) so very proud of J-Lo for completing a very respectful sprint triathlon in Malibu last weekend. She swam a 1/2 mile in 20 minutes in ice cold & wavy water, had an okay bike ride, and then ran 4 miles in just over 38 minutes. She could have trimmed off 3 minutes in her first transition (from swim to bike), but she can be proud, proud, proud! Then she jetted back to the East Coast for her hubby's birthday party - RESPECT!
What I don't think is very respectful is this sign outside of a church in the Poconos...am I missing something, or is the sign way off base? Pasties being sold at a church? Did they mean Pastries???? Someone needs to take up a collection for letters...

Insanity is all over the place this week...there are Lehman Brothers offices in my building and it was quite sad to see people walking out with boxes on Monday. Their main building is one block away...zero activity. Makes for a very quiet and drama-free subway ride to work, but I can't really enjoy that because the situation is so very sad. Don't get me started on McCain and Hillary saying they saw this coming 2 years ago.
In case you missed any of the insanity going on this week in the headlines, here are a few that were noteworthy:
- Who said, "Addiction, if untreated, can lead to jail, institutions and death"? Oh, yeah...that was Tatum O'Neal commenting on the arrest of Ryan O'Neal and his 23 year old son! Fortunately, Ryan's lawyer is saying that the drugs are not his - it's amazing how drugs just show up!
- Speaking amazing quotes, did you catch the interview on BET with R. Kelly? The host asked him straight out if he likes teenage girls. He said, "When you say 'teenage,' how old are we talking?" C'MON- that is BRILLIANT!
- I now need to see the new Clooney movie - apparently the 'toys' he totes around are selling like hotcakes! What are they? Are they that good?
- Here we go again wtih our Brit Brit soap opera. Just when you think she's doing well, BAM. Nothing major, but her case about her driving without a license will most likely be going to trial. Can't catch a break.
- It's great that Gary Coleman is still insane, though. That's always fun. He just punched someone out for taking a photo with their camera phone!
- Nasty armpit body odor on the subway
- Stale urine smells on NJ Transit
- Second-hand smoke on every street in Manhattan
- Wayyy too much perfume at the gym (who wears perfume to the gym, anyway?)
Unfortunately, I smelled all of these all day on Wednesday and I've been nauseous ever since.
Have a great Friday and a lovely weekend! I'm off...
No comments:
Post a Comment