I have to tell you I may be in love with a straight man!
Don't get me wrong, Barrett is still my #1 favorite man on the planet and he will forever be the best gay boyfriend a girl can have! Case in point: last week on Facebook he sent a relationship request to be my boyfriend, which...DUH...I accepted without hesitation, but couldn't stop laughing that he noted we are in an open relationship. COME ON! It doesn't get any better than that! Today I think he got upset that I was talking to another gay man, though. If you're in an open relationship with a gay man, doesn't that mean that you're allowed to talk to other gay men?
Oh, hold on, maybe he was upset about me being buddies with a hetero chick...that makes more sense.
Anyway, I just started watching Glee and am in love. In the second episode there's a scene where the (hot) teacher guy (Matther Morrison) has the Glee Club sing Gold Digger by Kanye West. Yes, I know Kanye has a bad rep right now, but that song is ROCKIN' and watching the (hot) teacher guy dance and sing to it made me a little bit boy crazy for him! It's true. As sad as I am, as much as I cry and wish my life were back to what is was years ago, I am still hot for teacher! I've always been a sucker for the cute geeky guys...look him up, girls, because he fits the bill! Oh, how he fits the bill!
Ahhh...geez...no gauge for age! COUGAR...GROWL!
So I tell my sister and my 17 yr old niece about my crush, and BOTH of them say, "geez...that guy's wayyyyy too young for you and must be, like, 26 years old!" I thought for sure he was my age and looked him up. He is 31 years old. I'm 38. WHICH BRINGS ME TO YET ANOTHER ISSUE I HAVE WITH MYSELF!!! I have no gauge for age! I just may be too old to recognize how old people are. Chit. That is not going to be helpful if I ever start dating straight men.
BAGGAGE
Yes, it's true. I am piling up baggage by the day! First I don't know how to act in public without wearing a wedding band (on an aside, I just bought a ring for my left hand on Saturday, and lost it on the subway today...guess I can't play tricks with my own head and get away with it...chit.), I don't know who this "single Patti" girl is, I cry if I get the wrong change at the grocery store, I only want to be friends with gay men and divorced bitter hag chicks, and I now realize I have no capacity to tell how old a guy is.
HOW DO YOU KNOW ANYMORE? There are so many creams for men on the market now - is it even possible to figure out how old someone is before having to actually ask?
I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm in so much trouble.
So there you have it. Apparently I need to start a header called "Issue of the Week" because I am such a mess that there very well may be new drama every week.
But I thank my readers for being supportive and also want to give a shout out to my new blog followers! Thanks for helping me get through this darn decade! Is it over yet?
Have a great week!
Just remember if you are having trouble determining who is too old or too young to date, just take your age, divide it by 2 and and 7. If you are the younger one, do the math with the older persons age.
ReplyDelete