BUT nothing scandalous happened (then why am I writing?)...it was just a great fun night out with buddies and was my first bar experience out as Single Patti after the divorce went through on Monday.
Highlights from the evening:
- The girls were singing Beyonce's "all the single ladies" tune at the beginning of the night and it is still pounding in my head.
- A not-attractive guy wearing a suit in a bar (really? can you at least lose the tie? full suit, really?) brushed up behind me and as a pick up line said, "I know you did that on purpose!" and I looked at him confused and said, "huh? what are you talking about?" and he tried to explain that I somehow brushed up on him on purpose. I think I said something to the effect of, "no, I don't believe I did" and didn't get that it was a pick up line until I brushed him off and my buddies explained to me what happened. Hysterical.
- The girls also pointed out that a dude was checking me out and apparently you're not supposed to look, so I asked if he was at least cute. They said he was sort of cute, so I looked and was horrified that they thought I would think he was cute. Thank you, girls. They then tried to save themselves by saying I can do a lot better. I really hope that's true when I start to have interest in boys.
- After a few lychee martinis I somehow lost all filters (not that I have many to begin with) and was trying to get by a group of people when I said to one guy that looked like he wasn't old enough to be in the bar, "Excuse me little boy!" That didn't go over very well and I got a nice "F.U." and decided it was time to go home.
I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve at Union Cattle Co in Hermosa Beach, so if you'd like to join me for more Single Patti adventures it should be a fun night - Google it and buy a ticket online now!!
Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment