Monday, December 7, 2009

THE DIVORCE DIRT 12/7 & PUCKER UP PATTI? OH, NO...

I would like to open with a FB status-themed note and then won't harp on it in the post afterwards:

Patti Lange thinks it is the most hurtful feeling in the world when someone you've spent most of your adult life with, and trusted more than anyone else in life, looks you squarely in the eyes and flat out lies.

Because of events over the past year, I now say, "let's be honest" more often than I should, and I think I mentioned before, but I'm all about "full disclosure" and speaking my mind...even if you don't like what comes out of my mouth.  I feel like I just don't care about a filter or edit button anymore.  It's my opinion, and if you disagree, then speak your mind and I will try to appreciate your perspective.

I'm pretty certain that I'm losing friends by the day from it! :)

Anyway, D-Day is one week from today and I'm feeling a little bit of relief that this will soon be over, but also a lot of bitterness and sadness that this will soon be over.

To help with the sadness, I have to share a poem that I came upon while cleaning out files - it's a bit ironic, if you think about it.  This was written by co-workers in Miami and the timing was the summer before I started dating my husband.  If anything good is to come out of the past 15 years, let's look at it as he apparently saved me from myself!

Read and enjoy, and hope & pray that Round Two of life will not be the train wreck that it apparently was back in 1994!  Oh...and I need to clarify that I was not a full-on tramp (my niece assumed I was a Ho after reading this) and I only kissed boys that summer on South Beach.

Enjoy the Ode to Pucker Up Patti and have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought of putting this to music? I see a Grammy in them there lyrics.

    ReplyDelete