NOT A LOT OF CELEB DRAMA, BUT I STILL HEART NY POST
It's really all about Obama this week, eh? I personally don't think there was a lot of celeb drama to chat about - seemed like they were either roaming around at Sundance or in DC for the Inauguration. Or maybe I just tuned out and missed everything, except:
- Brit Brit is close to signing a deal to write a book about her life...SHE WAS BORN IN 1981! REALLY? MEMOIRS? SERIOUSLY?
- Miley Cyrus was apparently giggling in church while she sent text messages to her beau...how much money on her that she goes the way of Lohan soon?
- If we didn't think Dan Abrams (MSNBC dude) was a tool before, we may now that he was reportedly out on a date with my nemesis! See profile photo if you need a hint on who that is...
- Not in published reports, but here's a little tidbit from a BLIRTy reader in Cleveland who is about to disown his friend and I may disown him if he doesn't shape up soon!
I'M JUST SAYIN'
I love men, I really do. They're strong, they're cute with or without hair (it's no secret I think bald men are attractive), they can be adorably protective, they aren't emotional and they're happy-go-lucky living their lives as long as their lady friends aren't btchng about something.
Hence my love for Edward Cullen. He's all of those things, but he's full of love and desire and emotion and his entire existence turns into making sure his Bella is happy. Obviously his character was written by a chick, but regardless, SWOON! We love Edward because he's perfect.
I think our real men would be more perfect if they came built with a 'considerate for the sake of being considerate' gene. Yes, some of them still hold the door open for the ladies and pay for dinner, but let's keep in mind that these are LEARNED traits.
Something that isn't taught in school or by their moms/dads is that an armrest on an airplane (or in a theater or perhaps at a ballgame) is something they maybe could consider sharing with a girl once in a while. That would be a treat. I've seen dudes CONSCIOUSLY take up only one armrest when another guy sat down next to them.
But for some reason, they think they own the armrests if there's a chick in the next seat. So there they are, slouching all over two armrests, leaving the girl to maybe take a bit of the inside wedge that's left or to keep both arms as close to her body as possible so as not to touch or offend.
This is definitely a small annoyance in the grand scheme of life, and I really am against most of Women's Rights (primarily because I have to hold a job), but wouldn't our boys be so much closer to Edward Cullen if they were more considerate animals?
In this time of 'change' let us all take a moment to reflect on armrests...
SUNDANCE
Special thanks to the BLIRTy Milk boys and girls who made my weekend at Sundance so awesome! 'Got Milk?' had a lounge where they launched their new "Drink Well. Live Well" campaign with Christie Brinkley. While I missed their press conference, I still got to have my pic taken with a milk mustache by a professional photog, got to preview a couple of great flicks, had a day of skiing, saw some celebs roaming around, got some swag, and most importantly, got to add another picture to my "Patti As Art" photo album on Facebook.

Is it sad that I was more excited about a pic with a giant frog than seeing celebs??? Those frogs are very special to me for some reason...I get all excited when I see them!
WHAT? THERE WAS AN INAUGURATION THIS WEEK?
Okay, okay. I can't NOT talk about the inauguration and one of the most important days in our history! Even the NY Post was full of love for Obama, which was NOT the case during the election and almost caused me to cancel my subscription.
But instead of my opinions, let's hear from some of my Facebook friends on what they had to say during the inauguration:
- Brad is happy that Obama mentioned non-believers on an equal footing with religious people. He's the first President to mention me in a way that suggests I'm human. Well...it's still up for discussion whether or not Brad is human, but very good point...
- Ira wants his hat back from Aretha.
- Brian thinks Bush might be falling asleep.
- Bill is feeling inspired again... finally! Stop the presses...this is the second quote used from Bill...am I stalking Bill?
Speaking of inspired...
GO STEELERS!

That's quite enough for one blog...in the next one I'll tell you how to get brownies delivered to your office or home in NYC from a girl wearing a wetsuit!
I'm off!
I'm with you on the whole Edward Cullen thing. He's this generation's Mr. Darcy. Of course, I mean Edward the character in the book, not Edward in the movie...there's a difference.
ReplyDeleteThere is a HUGE difference, from what I understand! But I haven't seen the movie yet...I wanted to save "my Edward" and the rest of the characters in my head until I was done with all the books. Which I just finished. And am now sad without them.
ReplyDeleteI have read the series twice. I already had them all read by the time the movie came out. (I was already a Twilight fan before they announced the move) The movie was okay. I had two major problems: 1. Robert Pattinson is not nearly good looking enough to play Edward. Seriously. 2. They don't do a good job of showing time passing, so it seems ridiculous that two people would be so in love because if you just watch the movie it feels like they've only known each other for a week or so.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if there are guys like Edward out there...maybe only if they are vampires.