Last night I was thoroughly enjoying my friend's blog and very interested in knowing more about her new nose plug for swimming (photo below), when, out of the blue and totally un-instigated, found myself called out in her blog as a pansy:

special shout out to Patti.... "sweetie, you are the cutest lil' thing I have ever met, but need to GROW SOME F----G BALLS AND DO AN OLYMPIC TRIATHLON already." :)
I was horrified! But at the same time, I cannot turn a blind eye to this challenge. So I immediately wrote back and told her to BRING IT. Then I went into full on panic mode because I hate, hate, hate running, and I'm afraid my legs may fall off after a 25 mile bike and then a 6.2 mile run. She took it upon herself to point out the mile swim first, but I'm not as worried about that, other than tiring out my lungs early on.
My plan was to do more sprint tri's this year, but to push myself more and get better at them. Now this totally jams up my plans and I need to work out a new strategy for the summer. Here's a photo from my last race where I was happy. You won't see this again, I'm sure.

Life lesson: Don't immediately reply when you're called out as a pansy. Maybe you are a pansy.
On a snowier note (that does not make sense), it's supposed to be insanely cold today, but it's snowing right now and that somehow makes the cold easier to bear.
It's also easier to bear knowing I'm heading out to Sundance for the weekend! Yay for me! If the inauguration even reduces the number of celebs at Sundance, it could influence my future political contributions...Obama should be worried.
I HEART THE NY POST
- Have you heard about the couple in Jersey that named their son Adolf Hitler Campbell and their daughters JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell? The kids were just taken away from them...not because of their names, supposedly, but...maybe because they's FREAKS? What is wrong with people?
- Naomi Campbell settled with the maid she threw a phone at when the maid couldn't find a pair of jeans. Haven't we all felt like throwing something while rooting through our closets? Admit it.
- RIP Ricardo Montalban! Long live Fantasy Island!
- Dude...the economy is eating up NYC in a big, big way now. Fiamma and Ruby Foo's (Upper West location) have shut their doors, and the Virgin Megastore in Times Square is out in April. Here's why I heart the NY Post: "Come April, there'll be one less Virgin in Manhattan." This from a "newspaper."
- Hope you dumped your stock in Apple already. Did anyone believe the hormone imbalance story?
- I tried to watch American Idol last night, but it's just too painful and mean in the beginning. YEAH - I'm surprised I don't appreciate meanness more, too!
FACEBOOK STATUS OF THE DAY
Bill is not laughing at those silly little hand warmers his mom bought him for Christmas anymore! Thanks Mom!
I, on the otherhand, am still trying to find a use for this head light around the house...maybe I'll take it to Sundance to hunt for celebrities.

That's it for now...I'm off and maybe I'll blog if anything good happens at Sundance.
No comments:
Post a Comment