Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THE BLIRT 1/27

Not to harp on this again, but case in point about guys needing to be more considerate in the world (yep, I'm generalizing again):

Dude getting off the train...in line to walk up the staircase to exit Penn Station...it was crowded, but I don't believe there was a need to shove me to the side to get one step ahead...

I have a cold and sound worse than I feel, so I coughed...no, wait...hacked on his neck. Do not cross Patti Lange.

Last night at the gym I was a bit grossed out by the balled up nude pantyhose lying under the bench...of course I have to share.

Speaking of the gym, I'm unofficially starting my training for what will prove to be an awful experience this summer at a to-be-determined olympic triathlon. My knees may give out soon, but I ran 6.25 miles on Saturday and another 5 miles last night. Still hated every second of it, but was proud of myself afterwards.

CHEERS to Facebook for hooking me up with old buds from frickin' elementary school! Shout out to Rob (who I knew as Robert, so it's so weird to call him Rob now...) who was a great person in 7th grade, but has grown up to be a really cool guy who also started to do triathlons in 2004! I'm hoping to do a race with him in Florida sometime this summer...or end of summer, given the humidity down in those parts.

Speaking of Facebook...Status quote of the week:

Stacy had two random things happen at work today: a coworker flashed me and I was serenaded by a rock star. Both were weird.

So random.

Also what cracked me up is one simple little status that turned into 18 replies and totally got OFF TOPIC but then came full circle and ended ON TOPIC somehow:

"Chris is now obsessing" started with someone asking why, followed by no real feedback from the author, followed by someone mentioning hanging out with his nieces (perhaps...or just a friend's daughters), followed by whether or not the mom (I assume) would end up buying them a pet at the pet store or a stuffed animal, followed by the author promising to make pancakes for the girls, and actually ended on: "Obsessing is hard on the stomach."

It was the most random mix of messages I've seen to date. But then I craved pancakes.

I HEART NY POST

What an entertaining day to read the NY Post! HUGE article on kids in Florida toilet-papering Madoff's house. Seriously? They actually pondered what charges would be brought to the kids if they were found and charges were filed. I "TP'd" (or "rolled" as we called it) a dozen houses in my day, so I could be in prison by now according to that article! The best was the mention that the kids were getting off "Scott-tissue" free. Brilliant reporting.

Also reported this week is the sale on homes in the Hamptons. If we all get together, I'm sure we can come up with the low price of only $22 million for a house...that price is WAY DOWN from the $29 million original asking price, so it's a bargain!

I hope the Jolie-Pitts got a good deal on the house on Long Island. I believe they're renting, but the house is a $40 million, 22,000 sq ft abode with 25 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms. Of any family that needs the space, they would be it. WHO WOULD WANT TO CLEAN THAT?

Nothing is a bargain like the $100 that Fuld's wife paid him for their insane digs in South Florida. Did he think no one would catch that?

With all the real drama in the world, I can't decide if the LiLo controversy is interesting or not. I don't think anyone would be surprised that she may be "surving on candy and Red Bull," but this morning I feel a bit sad about that.

OOH! First hand account (well, from a friend): Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s rep is denying reports that he was overserved alcohol at Sundance and wandering the streets offering pizza to strangers. BUT, a friend saw him at a 7-11 yelling at people to not take pics of him while he's intoxicated. Not sure if he had pizza at that time, but this is from a very credible friend. I told her next time to not respect his request and to please snap a photo.

And how stupid does someone have to be to try to extort money from John Travolta? REALLY? Have they NOT heard anything about Scientology in the Bahamas???? Not that we really know anything about Scientology, but I can make a few guesses!

So enjoy the rest of your week, don't forget to do your 25 Random Things About Me note on Facebook and tag me so I know random crap about you (yes, seriously obsessed), and be considerate to strangers today!

I'm off...




No comments:

Post a Comment